FABRICATION FOR AIRCRAFT CABIN COMPONENTS
Pexco offers in-house fabrication for aircraft cabin components, reducing the number of suppliers needed to produce a finished product. Our skilled team provides tool design and development, followed by efficient fabrication and assembly of both extruded and machined parts.
Fabricated and/or assembled plastic products provide lightweight, aesthetically pleasing, and cost-effective solutions compared to other forms of manufacture. With our longstanding reputation as experts in plastics applications, our customers frequently depend on us for technical knowledge in tool design and development, delivering the quality product you require. As an example, Pexco Aerospace can build an extrusion tool, extrude a product, and then machine it to a finished configuration. For lower volume components, this can be considerably cheaper than building injection molding tooling.
Our full-service value-added offerings include:
- Ultrasonic welding
- This high frequency ultrasonic acoustic technique is used to weld two parts together. It is easily customizable to fit the exact specifications of the parts being welding and can be used on both hard and soft plastics.
- Pexco Aerospace provides a variety of kitting services. Kitting helps to streamline the flow of fully fabricated components and ready for immediate installation on your assembly lines.
- Decorative application
- Window shades / Lamination
- Heat Forming
- We can form extruded and/or sheet products to custom applications, often replacing injection molded parts or need for multiple pieces by creating a single part that conforms to a specific geometric shape. This in turn reduces part count, assembly time and this process is optimized for cost effectiveness. This also provides an opportunity for a weight savings.
- Custom blasting/abrading for both decorative and adhesive applications.
- Pexco Aerospace can cut a wide variety of materials (both sheet and extrudates) using a high-pressure jet of water which allows for an exact, fast and powerful cut.
- Allows for exact, fast and powerful cutting
- Quicker setup time; repeatability
- Examples: cargo liner, fairlead
- PexTec™ a proprietary forming process offered to customers for the custom manufacturing of aerospace trim components that removes the need for decorative end .